spur on patella

Moderator: Moderators

spur on patella

Postby clarwill81 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:42 pm

I have had knee problems for years due to be athletic and active in biking, hiking, cross-country skiing. Have had manesca in one knee removed and the other sewn back together. Now a spur appears on the knee that is bone-on-bone. Dr. are wanting to replace knee. I am eighty yrs. old and do not want to have operation. I have just seen an ad on tv for Tommie Copper pressure articles and would like to know if this would help in my walking to prevent spur from causing pain when I walk for 15 minutes a day?
clarwill81

Re: spur on patella

Postby Paul » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:08 am

Hello and thanks for your posting.

Tommie Copper is the name of a company that produces compression products to help stabilize injured regions of the body while engaged in activity. These type of products can certainly help reduce pain as a result of walking. Protection of an injury is certainly paramount, however, it is only one step in an otherwise long journey.

Going forward, you will want to map out a comprehensive plan to determine how you will deal with underlying issues of cartilage degeneration (bone on bone situation) and the resulting issues that derive from overcompensation caused by your damaged knee.

Consultation with your doctor and possibly obtaining a second opinion would be a prudent next step.

Paul
MendMeShop.com
Paul
Site Admin

Postby clarwill81 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:18 am

thank you for your reply and information. I have had two opinions and both say replace knee. I do not want to do that and have decided to try to adapt to the pain, thinking compression might be the alleviate the pain a bit. I do thank you for your opinion...
clarwill81

Postby Paul » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:33 am

Hello once again,

Curiously, are you dealing with overcompensation issues related to your knee ailment? Most people would be as they tend to shift weight away from an injured region of the body to other areas (notably on the opposite side of the body). In cases like yours, it common for individuals to subsequently develop pains and aches in the lower back, hip, and opposite leg as well.

If this is happening to you, we do have available modalities that can help stop this regression along with providing a soothing sensation for your knee.

To discuss these matters, I encourage you to contact our office directly toll free 1-866-989-6431. Office hours are weekdays 8:00am to 9:00pm Eastern time and weekends from 11:00am to 6:00pm.

There is absolutely no obligation to make any purchases, just feel to ask questions to help guide you in this most difficult journey.

Paul
MendmeShop.com
Paul
Site Admin

Return to Other Ailments