Suggestions for Treating Right Shoulder?

Moderator: Moderators

Suggestions for Treating Right Shoulder?

Postby feibelal » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:36 pm

I have shoulder soreness which evolved from a dislocated shoulder twenty years ago which I did not properly rehab. It now extends to both shoulders. I finally got an MRI of the worser of the two, and I have an appointment with a orthopedist this coming week to explore my options.

I have been through one course of physical therapy. I would like any suggestions or advice you may have, including about what role portable ultrasound might play in my healing.

The MRI summary follows:
1. Posterior superior labral tear that may extend anteriorly and involve the biceps tendon insertion compatible with a SLAP type tear.
2. Mild bursal surface irregularity of the supraspinatus tendon. There is no high-grade partial thickness or full thickness tears identified.
3. Marrow signal abnormality at the acromioclavicular joint involving both the acromium and clavicle consistent with mild osteolysis. Moderate AC joint arthrosis.

We haven't done an MRI on the left shoulder, although I would imagine we will.

Allen. [/list]
feibelal

shoulder treatment

Postby scott » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:24 pm

Chronic inflammation, pain, and decreased range of motion are all symptoms that can be relieved with the use of ultrasound. A good therapy program would take you a long way and may help to avoid a surgical intervention.

I'd also suggest one of our Shoulder Freezie Wraps. This will quickly reduce inflammation and the reduction in inflammation should go a long way toward decreasing your pain levels. Know that swelling and inflammation block blood vessels and deprive the tissue of necessary oxygen and nutrients. This is when cells die and tissue becomes damaged. If you can limit the damage, you will have less pain and less healing to do. The shoulder joing is a difficult area for most cold compression wrap manufacturers to treat effectively, as the amount of gel in the cold packs has to be very significant to achieve a decent level of cooling in the area. This is why we are very positive on the Shoulder Freezie Wraps - they contain a massive amount of gel that will squish away from the compressed area and stay cold for a long period of time. Furthermore, each Freezie Wrap ships with extra gel packs so you can always have one charged and ready to go in the Freezer. Almost every customer we have that tries the Freezie Wrap is dumbfounded at the level of pain reduction achieved simply through wearing the Freezie Wrap; this seemingly simple treatment protocol is surprisingly effective. Please fee free to click on this link for more information on the Shoulder Freezie wrap [url]http://shop.mendmeshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=176[/url]

Once inflammation has subsides, boost the healing rate of the injury by using blood flow stimulation therapy. This is achieved by wearing a Shoulder Inferno Wrap which essentially uses electromagnetic energy to boost blood flow to the shoulder injury. Blood brings new life to your cells by delivering healing nutrients and oxygen that are vital to your tissue. In addition, the blood carries away toxins and cellular waste cleaning the area and healing it faster. Without a good supply of blood, your shoulder will not heal quickly and is more prone to shoulder re-injury. Please fee free to click on this link for more information on the Shoulder Inferno wrap[url] http://shop.mendmeshop.com/product_info ... cts_id=146[/url]

In order to get maximum blood flow to your injured are, you need to help your body stimulate blood flow. The Shoulder Inferno Wrap the fast, easy and pain-free way to increase blood flow and speed healing. It is the key to dealing with your shoulder injury properly.

Best Wishes! Let us know how you are doing.
scott

Re: Suggestions for Treating Right Shoulder?

Postby ansar » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:00 pm

feibelal wrote:I have shoulder soreness which evolved from a dislocated shoulder twenty years ago which I did not properly rehab. It now extends to both shoulders. I finally got an MRI of the worser of the two, and I have an appointment with a orthopedist this coming week to explore my options.

I have been through one course of physical therapy. I would like any suggestions or advice you may have, including about what role portable ultrasound might play in my healing.

The MRI summary follows:
1. Posterior superior labral tear that may extend anteriorly and involve the biceps tendon insertion compatible with a SLAP type tear.
2. Mild bursal surface irregularity of the supraspinatus tendon. There is no high-grade partial thickness or full thickness tears identified.
3. Marrow signal abnormality at the acromioclavicular joint involving both the acromium and clavicle consistent with mild osteolysis. Moderate AC joint arthrosis.

We haven't done an MRI on the left shoulder, although I would imagine we will.

Allen. [/list]

A SLAP tear that is not a full thickness tear can be debrided (they shave down the torn part) in arthroscopy, if it is a full thickness tear surgery is required to fix this. There is a new procedure being done when they find partial tears along the tendon especially at the insertion point, they call it biceps tenodesis, they move the tendon which helps to prevent it from fully tearing from the joint. Moving the tendon is preventive surgical medicine, and yes your arm will work the same way it does now once it heals if this procedure is done.
ansar

Re: Suggestions for Treating Right Shoulder?

Postby krisgay1973 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:20 am

Wow, and I thought my shoulder issues were bad! I don't have any medical information or help to offer other than a sympathetic listener that wishes you the very best in your recovery!

I think I'd rather have a bashed up foot or leg than deal with shoulder and arm issues. I'm so sorry that you are going through all of that!
krisgay1973

Return to Other Ailments