Total Knee Replacement

Moderator: Moderators

Total Knee Replacement

Postby Nordic » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:17 pm

I had a total knee replacement 4 months ago and still have significant pain in the Patellar Tendon region. Can ultrasound be used for pain/inflammation in this area? I understand that it should not be used directly over metal implants. How close is too close laterally? Is the lower stub of the replacement (that's within the Tibia) a factor?
Nordic

Re: Total Knee Replacement

Postby Darren » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:43 pm

Nordic wrote:I had a total knee replacement 4 months ago and still have significant pain in the Patellar Tendon region. Can ultrasound be used for pain/inflammation in this area? I understand that it should not be used directly over metal implants. How close is too close laterally? Is the lower stub of the replacement (that's within the Tibia) a factor?

Hi,

sorry - the question is too sensitive for me and I'm not a doctor.
I'd recommend that you ask your physician specifically about how close you can treat the area with ultrasound, though I suspect you will not like what he has to say.. sorry - the safety issues are very real in this case.

All the best,
Darren
All the best,
Darren
http://www.mendmeshop.com
Darren
Site Admin

Re: Total Knee Replacement

Postby Aaron » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Hello Nordic:

With the knee replacement the Ultrasound is not a recommended solution. However we have a newer product that will benefit the healing of the knee call the KneeFlex here is the direct link to the information about the KneeFlex http://shop.mendmeshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=200. Should you require any further information you can always contact our office at 1-866-237-9608 or via email mendmeshop@gmail.com

Regards,

Aaron
Aaron

Return to Other Ailments