scar tissue in lower back

Moderator: Moderators

scar tissue in lower back

Postby gary » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:43 pm

I recently had lower back surgery (L4-L5) and a month later had a lot of the pain still there. I talked to my surgeon who then sent me for another MRI. He said the operation was successful but the pain I have now is caused from built up scar tissue. Removing the scar tissue will cause it to come back worse causing more pain. The only options are to live with the pain or have an implant put in between the spinal cord nerves and the scar tissue. A friend of mine told me of your website so I'm looking at it. People say far infra-red treatments help. I've tried a few but have not seen any change. I don't know if ultrasound would help or not.
gary

Re: scar tissue in lower back

Postby Darren » Mon May 05, 2008 11:07 am

Gary,

I can't say what the answer is for your situation. Knowing that scar tissue removal will cause the pain to come back - I can't really recommend an option for you, as therapeutic ultrasound over time can deal with scar tissue, but that might just exacerbate your problem. Talk to your physician about it - it's really something you need to get the doctor on board with.

Sorry I can't help more, but as always, we defer to doctor's opinions here, and I'm not in this business to worsen anyone's situation.

all the best and good luck to you,
Darren

gary wrote:I recently had lower back surgery (L4-L5) and a month later had a lot of the pain still there. I talked to my surgeon who then sent me for another MRI. He said the operation was successful but the pain I have now is caused from built up scar tissue. Removing the scar tissue will cause it to come back worse causing more pain. The only options are to live with the pain or have an implant put in between the spinal cord nerves and the scar tissue. A friend of mine told me of your website so I'm looking at it. People say far infra-red treatments help. I've tried a few but have not seen any change. I don't know if ultrasound would help or not.
All the best,
Darren
http://www.mendmeshop.com
Darren
Site Admin

Return to Other Ailments