tear of meniscus

Moderator: Moderators

tear of meniscus

Postby cmsokol » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:58 am

I have a mild tear of the anterior horn of tmy meniscus cartilage. I am trying to avoid having surgery. Is there any evidence that use of ultrsound can help this condition? Any specifics on application?
cmsokol

meniscal tear

Postby scott » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 am

Surgery is somtimes required for this type of tear as it resides within the knee. However ultrasound therapy has been shown to reduce inflammation, increase blood flow, and help with range of motion issues. If you are hoping to avoid surgery, it is certainly worth a try. Be sure to talk with your PT or physician about this option.
Best Wishes!
scott

Re: tear of meniscus

Postby agmonaco » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:22 pm

I also have a tear in my meniscus in my left knee forward right side. I have been dealing with the pain for 10 months. It healed somewhat from the initial injury but still is irritated at times and full function is available. Although I cannot run or walk down steps without irrritation. Has anyone using ultrasonic theropy had any success in healing with this type of injury. I am trying to avoid surgery if posible.
agmonaco

Postby agmonaco » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:10 am

Well I have been using ultra sound therapy and my knee feels much better.. I have not been experiencing the pain at night any more and I can walk much farther without pain. Will keep you posted.
agmonaco

Postby Darren » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi and thank you for the followup. Best of health and good luck to you,

Darren
agmonaco wrote:Well I have been using ultra sound therapy and my knee feels much better.. I have not been experiencing the pain at night any more and I can walk much farther without pain. Will keep you posted.
All the best,
Darren
http://www.mendmeshop.com
Darren
Site Admin

Return to Other Ailments